Writing snippet:
Though the blurred fog a woman walked with her tall umbrella that she used as a cane. The day was masked by the illusion of the night by the fog and the city seemed to be sleepy. The distance of the cars as they drove through the square almost made a harmonic mumble as if they were singing John Coltrane in mechanic symphony. The woman looked around for her beloved John who was supposed to meet her near the London Bridge. She checked her watch but the fog had taken a hold of her watch that was purchased for ten dollars at a local pharmacy. "Damn! I knew I should have threw this thing out!" She said in an American accent. She was not of London and knew not of their famous fogs but only heard from old stories that she thought were banal in comparison to the grandiose things that she observed from her hometown. "I see someone is on schedule. Jolly good!" A masculine voice spoke out to her. She jumped by the sound of the voice and turned around to see her beloved John who spoke in a British accent. "Oh my! How are you?" She said and she thew her arms around him in a long time friend embrace. "I really did think you were joking when you said you hopped on a plane and came here. It is amazing you see you my love!" John hugged her once again. He was quite delighted to have found his American friend once again. "I just got here this morning. The flight was killer!" She stated while extending her back. They both laughed. "Are you famished?" He asked. "I am not sure what that means but if it has anything to do with food I am all for it!"
"Well, there is a pub not too far from here where we can get some food and perhaps a bit of ale."
"Of course but not too much. I am not sure how this ale will do to my jet lag."
The two friends hailed a cab to another part of town where John thought had the cheaper food and great spirits. The American named Julie was so overwhelmed with the classic designs of London. She had only heard about this city in stories and movies. She had no idea what was in store for her at the pub.
No comments:
Post a Comment